Who are we?
The energy advice section, also known as the energy advisory service (TEAS) helps support Western Isles residents lower their household energy costs by providing a free, impartial, confidential and bespoke advice service. Current figures suggest that 56% of island residents are in fuel poverty, the 2nd highest rate in Scotland.
The team of experienced and bilingual energy advisors aim to help people live more sustainable, healthier and affordable lives by drawing on their wealth of knowledge and extensive access to resources. This includes:
- advice on the best ways to use heating controls effectively
- understanding energy bills and tariffs; switching suppliers
- increasing the energy efficiency of homes by identifying eligibility for grants and funding for insulation work
- advice on installing new heating systems and renewables
- help to source the most energy efficient appliances
- assistance applying for Warm Home Discount and Priority Assistance funds
- hand-holding through fuel debt relief applications
- encouraging householders to reduce carbon emissions through behavioural change